Yum’s the Word curates funny, true stories with heart. You don’t have to be a comedian, but your story should have funny moments in it.
If you would like to tell a story at an upcoming Yum’s the Word show, please follow these instructions.
- Send a pitch with a brief description (150 words max.) of your story detailing the beginning, middle and end to info[AT]yumsthewordshow[DOT]com. Please do not send essays, bullets, teases or long pitches.
- If Robin is not familiar with your work, please send a video of you telling a story in front of an audience (ideally, the story that you’re pitching).
- In the subject line of your email, please write “Pitch: Theme” (e.g. “Pitch: Banana Split”). If you want to submit for multiple themes, please send separate emails.
- We strongly suggest you attend a show to get a “taste” of the event and introduce yourself to Robin after the show if you don’t know her. Check the show schedule.
Please note - We do not have the dates for the upcoming shows because we only get them a month in advance, and we do not know when we’re booking which themes.
- Dairy Queens and Kings (Stories from Scoop Shops, Ice Cream Trucks, etc.)
- Birthdays (Stories of Birthday Parties, Bad/Good Birthdays)
- Cone-oisseur (Stories of Experts and Know-It-All’s)
- Phish Food (Stories about Animals)
- Cold Feet (Stories of Being Scared or Nervous)
- Nookies and Cream (Stories of Fooling Around)
- A La Mode (Stories about Fashion)
- Skinny Cow (Stories about Weight Loss or Gain)
- Cherry Garcia (Music Stories)
- Icing on the Cake (Stories of One-Upsmanship)
- Cherry on Top (Stories of Your First Time)
- Love Bites (Stories of Heartbreak)
- Decadence (Stories of Indulgence)
- Waffling (Stories of Indecision)