Yum’s the Word curates true stories with humor and heart. You don’t have to be a comedian, but your story should have funny moments in it.
If you would like to tell a story at an upcoming Yum’s the Word show, please follow these instructions.
1. For Upcoming Themes (see list below)
Please pitch here.
2. For Later Themes (see list below)
- Send a pitch with a brief description (150 words max.) of your story detailing the beginning, middle and end to yumspitches[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Please do not send essays, bullets, teases or long pitches.
- If Robin is not familiar with your work, please send a video (link is preferred) of you telling a story in front of an audience (ideally, the story that you’re pitching). Audio (link is preferred) is okay, too.
- In the subject line of your email, please write “Pitch: Theme” (e.g. “Pitch: Banana Split”). If you want to submit for multiple themes, please send separate emails.
- We strongly suggest you attend a show to get a “taste” of the event and introduce yourself to Robin after the show if you don’t know her. Check the show schedule.
Please note - We do not have the dates for the upcoming shows because we only get them a month in advance, and we do not know when we’re booking which themes.
- A La Mode (Stories about Fashion)
- Brain Freeze (Stories of Panic and Anxiety)
- Chubby Hubby (Stories from Married Couples)
- Cirque du Sorbet (Stories of Adventure)
- Dairy Queens and Kings (Stories from Scoop Shops, Ice Cream Trucks, etc.)
- I Scream (Stories of Celebrity Sightings and Encounters)
- Scoops (Stories from Journalists)
- Tough Cookie (Stories of Bravery or Difficult People)
- Banana Split (Stories of Being Torn Between Two Worlds)
- Chocolate and Vanilla (Stories of Opposites)
- Cold Feet (Stories of Being Scared or Nervous)
- Cone-oisseur (Stories of Experts and Know-It-All’s)
- Decadence (Stories of Indulgence)
- Frozen (Stories of Letting Go)
- Heavenly Hash (Stories of Religion)
- It's Sherbert Day (Stories of Birthday Parties, Bad/Good Birthdays)
- Just Desserts (Stories of Payback)
- Ice Cream Social (Stories of Social Butterflies)
- Ice Cream Social (Stories of the Socially Awkward)
- Ice Cream Social (Stories of Social Media)
- Icing on the Cake (Stories of One-Upsmanship)
- Love Bites (Stories of Heartbreak)
- Melting (Stories of Crushes, Heartbreak and Embarrassment)
- Mister Softee (Awkward Sex Stories)
- Moose Tracks (Stories By and Aboot Canadians)
- No [Cookie] Dough (Stories of Deprivation)
- Nookies and Cream (Stories of Fooling Around)
- Phish Food (Stories about Animals)
- Rocky Road (Stories of Danger)
- Shamrocky Road (Irish Stories)
- Single Serving (Dating Stories)
- Skinny Cow (Stories about Weight Loss or Gain)
- Spooning (Stories of Fooling Around)
- Sticky Situations (Stories of Trouble)
- Sundaes (Vacation Stories)
- Sweet Revenge (Stories of Payback)
- Waffling (Stories of Indecision)
- Yom’s the Word (A Night of Jewish Storytellers)